We’re back with another delicious recipe that feeds the family, is quick to make and is mouth wateringly good. These addictingly sweet pork chops pack all the flavours of a classic Asian dish and are ready in just 30 minutes. Complimented by a kimchi coleslaw, this dish is rich in umami and will undoubtedly become a family favourite.
We paired this dish with a lovely biodynamic Nero di Troia from Puglia available from the Wine Alley for £9. It’s a rich wine of dark plum flavours with spices, perfect with the little heat in the bbq sauce.
Our head chef, Josh Brook, talks through the recipe on Eliza Philippidis’ BBC Radio Guernsey show, and you can listen along at https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p094bsz3 starting at 2hrs 20mins.
Asian Pork Chop with Kimchi Coleslaw
Pork Chops 4
Chinese Cabbage ½
Fresh Coriander 20g
Sesame Seed Oil 3tbsp
BBQ Sauce 175g
Orange (Zest/Juice) 1
Soy Sauce 100g
Garlic Cloves 2
Spring Onion 1
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- For the coleslaw, chop or grate the vegetables for the coleslaw and put in mixing bowl. Add kimchi, chopped fresh coriander, mayonnaise, sriracha and season with salt to taste.
- For the sauce, grate the orange zest and squeeze the orange juice into a large saucepan. Grate the ginger, crush the garlic cloves and add to pan. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil. Once boiling remove the spring onion.
- Heat 2tbsp vegetable oil in a large frying pan or skillet until slightly smoking. Add the pork chops and cook on each side until golden brown.
- Transfer the pork chops to a baking tray and cover with the sauce. Place in the heated oven for 5 – 8 minutes until cooked. If using probe take to 63c.
- Once cooked serve with coleslaw and top with black and white sesame seeds and chopped fresh coriander.